Article provided by: Roofers Elite – Maine Roofing Company
At Roofers Elite, we offer unexcelled roofing in Maine at affordable prices. We offer all kinds of roofing repairs and installation services, from asphalt and cedar shingles to slate and metal roofing.
What roofing material to choose for my home
Homeowners have a variety of options to choose from when it comes to roofing materials. These include:
- Asphalt Shingles – This is the most common type of roofing material preferred by homeowners for its low price, dependability, and easy installation. However, asphalt shingles are the least durable option, especially if you live in a city with rough climatic conditions.
- Wood Roofing – It offers an unbeaten aesthetic touch but can be quite expensive. Besides, wooden roofing can require more maintenance than asphalt roofs.
- Metal Roofing – This type of roof offers an excellent balance of affordability, aesthetic appeal, and durability. Metal roofs can last 70 years with proper upkeep.
Homeowners also have options such as tile roofing and slate roofs. Speak to a reliable contractor for roofing in Maine to help you choose the right material for your home.
How do I choose between asphalt and metal roofs?
Asphalt roofing is the most used roof material across the country. As the cheapest roofing material, asphalt roofs have the shortest lifespan of 15 to 20 years with proper maintenance. On the flip side, it requires little upkeep and is easy to install, repair, or replace.
Alternatively, metal roofs are strong, more weather-resistant, and highly durable. Whether it’s a metal shingle or panel roof, they are low-maintenance and come with 30 – 40-year warranties. Your metal roof can last for up to 70 years with proper maintenance and upkeep. If you are still doubtful, call a roofing contractor to help you decide between the various options.
Top reasons to install a new roof
Are you going back and forth with the idea of getting a new roof for your home? Here is why installing a new roof may be the smartest move:
- Increase in resale value – A recent survey states that a new roof can increase your home value by almost $12,000.
- Improved curb appeal – Getting a new roof can provide your home with a much-deserved makeover. You also get to choose from different architectural-grade asphalt shingles or the myriad textures and colors of metal roofs.
- More extended warranties – A couple of years back, the maximum warranty you can get for a roof was 10-15 years. Nowadays, homeowners get a warranty period of up to 50-years when they choose a premium quality asphalt or metal roof.
Besides, a roof replacement project offers you an option to choose a material with a high energy star rating, allowing you to save costs in energy bills. More importantly, if you wish to sell your home soon, a new roof is pivotal to avoid building inspection issues.
Call (207) 415-6232 for appointments. At Roofers Elite, we offer unbeaten roofing in Maine with a team of certified, trained, and experienced technicians and the industry’s best practices.